|UUIDD(8)||System Manager's Manual||UUIDD(8)|
- Run uuidd in debugging mode. This prevents uuidd from running as a daemon.
- If a currently uuidd daemon is running, kill it.
- -n number
- When issuing a test request to a running uuidd, request a bulk response of number UUID's.
- -p pidfile
- Specify the pathname where the pid file should be written. By default, the pid file is written to /var/lib/libuuid/uuidd.pid.
- -s socketpath
- Specify the pathname used for the unix-domain socket used by uuidd. By default, the pathname used is /var/lib/libuuid/request. This is primarily for debugging purposes, since the pathname is hard-coded in the libuuid library.
- Test uuidd by trying to connect to a running uuidd daemon and request it to return a random-based UUID.
- Test uuidd by trying to connect to a running uuidd daemon and request it to return a time-based UUID.
- -T timeout
- Specify a timeout for uuidd. If specified, then uuidd will exit after timeout seconds of inactivity.
|May 2015||E2fsprogs version 1.42.13|